Are you an experienced Accounts Assistant commutable to Shaw, Oldham? Do you enjoy a varied role with some Month End exposure? Have you got experience with completing CIS returns?
Working with this supplier and installer of niche products to the construction industry we’re looking for a vibrant and reliable Accounts Assistant to join a small and friendly bunch in their growing offices!
This role is an urgent requirement for the business and they’d like to get someone in to start WC 24th May in order for a handover to be completed.
- You should have a minimum of 2-3 solid years experience as an all-round Accounts Assistant or Bookkeeper.
- Whilst you will have your own office, you’ll regularly have a variety of sub-contractors popping in for a brew and a bit of banter so you must be able to cope with some colourful language!
- You’ll have a real keen eye for detail and eventually you might want to put your own procedures in to place to make your job easier.
- It would be highly desirable if you’ve worked with Sage Line 50 before AND if you’re a bit of a dab hand with CIS returns.
About The Role
- You will join as an Accounts Assistant – it’s an autonomous role but you will work closely with the external Accountant at Month and Year End to ensure everything is reconciled correctly; this includes the VAT.
- You’ll manage Sales / Purchase Ledger as well as Credit Control.
- You will reconcile the company bank account, expenses and statements.
- The invoicing process is quite complex; if you’ve got any experience / knowledge of retention or invoice discounting this would be beneficial.
- You will collate the information for the staff and sub-contractor payrolls including management of holidays, sickness and expenses.
- You’ll be taking over from someone who adores the company and who has done a brilliant job so far but they want you to come in and make the role your own; it’s your baby.
About The Company
- They’re a supplier to the construction industry.
- They are in the process of modernising and developing their site in Oldham.
- They’ve won a number of awards and accreditations.
What You Get
- A competitive salary; tell us what you’re looking for.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Free onsite parking.
- You’ll work 8am-4pm every day and not a minute longer.
What Happens Next
- Due to the urgent nature of the role, please apply now and in addition, call the office on 0161 883 2126 and speak to Lucy.
- Interviews to be held WE 21st May.
This role is not being offered on a part time or work from home basis. It’s a full time position and you will be working from the office permanently.