Customs Specialist – Manufacturing Business
Are you a self-motivated Customs Specialist looking for something a bit different? Would you be happy being the sole Customs guru of a manufacturing business?
Working exclusively with this highly regarded manufacturer in Lancashire, we’re on the hunt for an experienced Customs Specialist for a brand new role within their business.
If you’re looking for a role where you can really step in and make it your own, then read on…
- You’ll have at least 3+ years experience of working in a Customs focused role; maybe you’ve been a Customs Declarant, a Customs Operator or a Customs Team Leader?
- Naturally you will understand what is happening around the World at the moment from COVID restrictions to BREXIT
- Import, Export, Air & Sea knowledge is needed
- You must be enthusiastic and self-motivated; you’ll be working alongside some big characters who’ll be coming to you for advise and guidance for all things customs.
About The Role
- You’ll join as a Customs Specialist and will be based in Lancashire
- Ultimately, you’ll be managing all international shipments both import and export
- It’s quite a sociable role and you’ll be liaising regularly with company buyers, transport, sales and planning teams as well as customers and suppliers
- You will perform any relatable audits and report to HMRC
- You’ll work to retain AEO status for the business
- Processes are of course in place currently, but you can really take this to the next level.
What You Need
- 3+ years experience with customs clearances
- Good understanding of Commodity codes and duty knowledge for UK, EU and Asia Pacific markets
- Understand the basis of CFSP process and regulations.
- Knowledge of Bonded warehouse systems and ability to maintain and manage.
- Inward Processing knowledge would be advantageous.
- Export / Import documentation experience such as letter of credit etc
- HMRC Customs Compliance
- Knowledge of trade agreements, preferential agreements etc.
- You’ll have worked with Freight Forwarders and 3PL’s and be familiar with their processes and principal of their tracking systems.
What You Get
- Salary £30 – 35k DOE
- Excellent benefits package
- There’s a great team spirit in this business, fantastic leadership team with good sense of humour.
- You will thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- You will pro-actively seek to understand the wider business environment and how it operates.
So, if you can recite commodity codes and tariffs in your sleep and want an autonomous role that you can really make your own with a great company – apply now!