Drawer and Knotter – Manufacturing
We’re partnering with a fantastic textile manufacturer in the heart of Lancashire who are looking for Drawer’s and Knotters at their site in Altham. If you’ve previously worked in a weaving shed or similar, even if it was years ago, we want to hear from you.
You’ll need to be active, and incredibly dextrous to do this role, if you prefer a more set working pattern then this role will suit you, as it’s 8am-5pm Monday to Friday!
- Are you dextrous with nimble fingers?
- Active? This is key, as you will be working under the machinery and looms.
- A Knowledge of Barco and Camera systems would be desirable.
- Have a great work ethic? And enjoy working as part of a team?
- Able to do Weaving, knotting, spinning, carding or crealing?
About the Job:
- Perform drawing in and knot backs, repair machine failures, assist with planned. maintenance and carry out pre assessments of machinery.
- Operate weaving machinery maintaining efficiency and quality standards.
- Perform beam change overs according to mechanical specs.
- Support the 5S standards.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping and ensure all health and safety regulations are complied with.
About the Company:
One of the largest global manufacturers of flexible reinforcement textiles, are looking to grow their workforce, they are a tight knit team with a family feel, with staff working together for over 30 years; the majority of whom are coming up to retirement, and after securing large contracts, they need people urgently to come in on days to carry out weaving – Drawer’s and Knotter’s
What you get:
- Salary c£22,700
- Working Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm
- Great Pension scheme, Sick pay, Death in Service, healthcare cashback scheme.
If you’re looking for a job for life, then apply now.
We appreciate that with this kind of experience, you might not have a CV, so why not call, and speak to Lucy on 0161 883 2126