Loom Technician- Nights
Regardless of whether it was yesterday or 20 years ago, if you’ve previously worked in a weaving shed as a Loom Tuner / Loom Technician, then we want to hear from you.
We’re partnering with a long-standing textile manufacturer in the heart of West Yorkshire, who are looking for a Loom Tuner. If you’re nimble Fingered, not afraid of manual work and have a knowledge of Dornier looms, then apply now!
- It’s essential that you’ve previously worked in a similar role within textiles and have a knowledge of Dornier Looms.
- You are able to work nights 10pm to 6am
- You will have an excellent understanding of the weaving process.
- Attention to detail is key.
- Naturally, you’ll enjoy working as part of a team.
- You will operate weaving machinery, maintaining efficiency and quality standards. Ensuring that machines are operated at their optimum speed and efficiency.
- It will be your responsibility to ensure that loom down time is kept to a minimum through the efficient management of job changes.
- You’ll play a key role in ensuring fabrics are produced to customer specifications making sure that goods are fit for purpose.
- Working closely with the Weaving Shed Manager in the identification and rectification of weaving quality problems.
- You will ensure that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained, with particular emphasis and notice taken of oil grease and warp lubricant spillages.
They’ve been in business for over 100 years and are a fully vertical textile manufacturer in the heart of West Yorkshire. They have a fantastic, down to earth company ethos where their employees stay for many years; often through to retirement. They have a supportive management team that will help you along in your role and who also recognise and reward their employees.
What you get:
- Competitive Salary which includes a shift allowance for nights.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Annual Company Bonus.
- Staff discounts available
- Free onsite parking.
If you’re looking for a job for life, then apply now.
We appreciate that with this kind of experience, you might not have a CV, so why not call, and speak to Lucy on 0161 883 2126