Maintenance Technician – Textile Manufacturing
Are you an experienced Maintenance Technician / Carding Engineer from within the textiles industry? Do you have a strong mechanical background with an understanding of electrical? Can you start ASAP?
We’re working alongside this exceptional technical textile manufacturer in the heart of the West Country – with commutable links to Cornwall, Devon and Plymouth – to find them an experienced and knowledgeable Maintenance Technician who is also able to provide cover for the Carding Engineer.
- You’ll have lots of experience of working with a variety of textile machines such as carding and spinning machines as well as dyeing vessels.
- It is essential that you’ve worked in a similar role; particularly with experience of fibre carding.
- You must have had previous involvement with preventative maintenance systems – you should be someone who has ideas to bring forward and follow through.
- This is an active role which will involve lots of heavy lifting as well as standing for long periods of time; you must be physically fit.
- If you don’t live locally, we can also take applications from those wishing to relocate!
About The Job
- It’s a hands-on, Carding & Maintenance Technician role.
- You’ll mainly work as a Maintenance Technician, responsible for reactive, planned and preventative maintenance across a broad range of machinery – hand in hand with this will also see you handling raw fleece, fibres, chemicals and dyes.
- When required, you’ll act as a stand-in Carding Engineer to cover periods of abcence.
- Should there be any periods where you’re not needed to maintain the machinery, you’ll be kept busy as there are always machines that need running – it’s a busy place!
- In addition, you’ll maintain critical stock spares and manage the supplier relationships where required, you’ll conduct and apply risk assessments and update the computer systems as required so a basic level of IT skill is needed.
- There will be opportunities to get actively involved in projects as the business continues to develop.
- You’ll work Monday to Friday, 6am – 4pm in return for a salary in the region of £35k.
About The Company
- They are a wonderfully British textile manufacturer.
- They’re the only company in the UK who can boast being the only ones doing what they do!
What You Get
- A negotiable salary of c£35k.
- A 4 day week – days only, Monday to Thursday.
- They will consider a relocation package for applicants outside of the region.
For best results, please contact Lucy on 0161 883 2126.