Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer – Textiles
Are you a multi-skilled engineer with experience across mechanical and electrical? Have you had experience with PLC’s? Want to start straight away?
Due to growth, as well as an ageing workforce, we’re looking for not one but two Multi-skilled Engineers to join this large textile manufacturer in Lancashire.
- You’ll be multi-skilled with a bias in electrical.
- It would be advantageous if you’ve previously worked with textile machinery but it’s not essential.
- You should be well experienced in a similar role providing planned, reactive and unplanned maintenance / repair to machinery in a manufacturing environment.
- You’ll be happy working a 4 on / 4 off shift pattern (2 days / 2 nights each week); obviously this will include weekend work too.
- Naturally, you’ll be a team player and will be looking for that forever role.
About The Job
- We’re looking for a Multi-skilled Mechanical / Electrical Maintenance Engineer.
- They run a 24 hour manufacturing operation, so you will be working across days and nights, 42 hours per week.
- You’ll be responsible for the general upkeep and repair of over 50 looms as well as some new machinery for a brand new project.
- You will work closely with the Production Operations Manager who has been with the business for over 20 years.
- Your role will involve regular reporting and providing updates to the management team; working in line with 5S processes.
About The Company
- They’re an impressive textile manufacturer who have been going for over 100 years.
- The Accrington site is clean and bright and the shopfloor is very well looked after!
- They have growth plans in place.
What You Get
- A salary of up to £35k + 10% shift allowance.
- Benefits including Healthcare, higher than average Pension and Death in Service.
- All uniform and PPE provided.
- Onsite canteen (that’s me sold!).
- Free parking.
- Progression option.
All in all it is a great opportunity to work with a great bunch of people. If it sounds like a little bit of you, then apply now. If you don’t have a CV, please call and speak to Lucy on 0161 883 2126.