Production / Machine Shop Manager
We have a unique position that has arisen with one of our long standing clients based in the Greater Manchester area who are looking for an experienced Production / Machine Shop Manager.
- We’re looking for a great man-manager of a strong and established team. You’ll be the kind of manager who enjoys nurturing and developing the team and apprentices.
- You’ll have a hands on management style and enjoy being present on the shop floor.
- You’ll have a mechanical engineering qualification ideally HNC/HND as a minimum. You could be a time served engineer looking for that next step up.
- Knowledge and experience of traditional and new machining techniques.
- We need an excellent communicator who is well organised and self motivated.
- You’ll e innovative with an interest in new processes and ways of working.
- Results driven with the ability to work calmly under pressure.
About the Job
- Reporting to Head of Production you’ll have the management responsibility of the day to day workload including deadlines, quality, efficiencies, people, H&S etc of a team of c30 staff.
- Working with all production area’s and support functions including production engineering, quality, fabrication, assembly, HR & finance.
- Drive continuous improvement methods and lead and focus on Health & Safety.
- You’ll deputise for the Head of Production for holidays / absences.
About the Company
- Heavy engineering, global business.
- They have a full order book way into 2022.
- A business that has had multi million-pound investment and so have state of the art machinery.
- A company where people stay for the long term, they have excellent staff retention rates.
What you get
- On top of a very attractive salary, you will also receive 33 days annual leave, pension, life assurance, free parking.
If you have the required experience and want to work for a fantastic business that offers long term career options, then apply now!