Are you a connoisseur of all things rubber? Can you develop new products based on customer specification? Do you live in the Northwest, commutable to Greater Manchester?
Working in partnership with this manufacturing group of companies, we are looking for a dedicated and experienced Rubber Technologist who will assist with new product development as well as modifying existing recipes.
- Ideally, you’ll have previous experience in a similar / same role –or alternatively you’ll have studied a relevant degree and have exposure and some experience of working with rubber or polymer products.
- It’s a given that you’ll be highly self-motivated, organised and have a systematic approach.
- You must enjoy working as part of a team.
- If you have previously worked as a rubber technologist a relevant degree would be advantageous but not essential.
- You will need a clean driving licence and your own transport.
About the Job:
- The main purpose of the role is to carry out compounding product and process development activities to satisfy company and customer objectives.
- You will develop products and processes based on specifications given by the customers
- Visiting customer premises to provide technical support will be a regular occurrence
- You’ll work closely with the sales team to produce accurate product costings
- Testing and co-ordinating product trials is something you’ll be heavily involved in
- Being the savvy rubber technologist that you are, you’ll always have your eye on what competitors are doing and be able to provide lots of market intelligence
- You should be an analytically minded person as you will need to do lots of reporting and analysis
About the Company:
- They’re an impressive textile manufacturer with a sound presence in the Northwest.
- We’ve placed many people with the business over the years who’ve progressed rapidly.
- They have a loyal customer base which includes the military.
- A very traditional Company with strong values.
What you get:
- You’ll get a basic salary of up to £45,000 depending on experience.
- 28 days holiday, pension, health & life assurance.
- Free parking