Supply Chain Director
We’re looking to recruit a Supply Chain Director for our client based in Rossendale, an award-winning international manufacturing company who have huge growth plans over the coming years.
This is a unique opportunity to join a business at such and exciting time of growth.
As the Supply Chain Director, the key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the supply chain department including purchasing, sourcing and planning.
- Strong demand planning background including supply chain data analysis.
- Working with procurement managers and buyers to source the right products
- Global freight and logistics experience
- Track record of working in overseas supply chains
- Manufacturing environment experience with good knowledge of quality standards.
- Business process improvement mindset with project management skills.
- Negotiating contracts with suppliers and vendors.
- Controlling outsourced manufacturing and delivery processes.
- Planning and implementing logistical strategy, ensuring targets are met
- Overseeing product storage, handling and distribution.
- Modern computer systems knowledge including development of KPIs
- Working on forecasts and inventories, keeping an accurate record of the process and analysing performance.
- Managing and motivating a team of supply chain staff.
- Strong ERP/MRP skills
- Implementing new technologies and staying alert to new trends in the sector.
- Building effective stakeholder relationships and working closely with sales and operations.
- Work with New Product Development to introduce products and technologies.
- Supplier development experience.
As the Supply Chain Director you will have:
- Proven management experience of a supply function
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Ability to plan, organise and work effectively under pressure
- Strong negotiating skills
- Highly motivated, committed to delivering results
- Excellent at problem solving
- Flexibility to travel
- Experience in an Engineering environment
- Ideally be degree qualified
If you have the required experience, then get in touch now for more information.