Regardless of whether it was yesterday or 20 years ago, if you’ve previously worked as a Weaver within textiles then we want to hear from you.
We know that weaving is like riding a bike; it’s something you never forget how to do and is strangely enjoyable and therapeutic when you finally get back in that saddle!
We’re partnering with a growing company with over 60 years trading within the textile industry. They are a family orientated company with several generations working within the business.
- You’ll have at least 2 years previous weaving experience
- You will have a good eye for detail being able to spot faults within fabrics.
- We’re looking for someone dexterous with nimble fingers and a great work ethic.
- We need someone who is reliable and can provide good references.
- You will need to be able to commute to Wetherby and have your own transport as public transport is limited.
About the Job:
- You will be able to work 3 weeks on 7am-3pm and 1 week on 3pm -11pm.
- Able to set up and run the weaving machines to ensure fabric is produced to customer requirements.
- Check correct weft is being used.
- To understand basic loom repair to operate to the maximum efficiency and quality.
- Ensure rolls of cloth are taken off at the correct length.
- Keep looms and weft accumulators clean.
- Observe and comply with any special instructions posted at the loom
What you get:
- £20,800K there will be a salary increase after further training.
- 25 days Holiday
- Pension scheme
- Onsite free parking
- Long service awards for every 5-year accumulated.
- Perkbox benefits package.
We appreciate that with this kind of experience, you might not have a CV, so why not call, and speak to Jess on 0161 883 2126