Weaving Shift Leader – Night Shifts
Regardless of whether it was yesterday or 20 years ago, if you’ve previously worked as a Team Leader / Supervisor or Manager in a weaving shed or similar then we want to hear from you. We’re partnering with a textile manufacturer in the heart of Lancashire who are looking for a Weaving Shift Leader to work 7pm – 7am at their site in Altham.
We know that weaving is like riding a bike; it’s something you never forget how to do and is strangely enjoyable and therapeutic when you finally get back in that saddle! If you’ve not done weaving but maybe knotting, crealing, spinning, twisting or carding both as an operator and in a senior capacity then this could be a great role for you to apply for. Maybe it’s the step up you’ve been looking for?
- It’s essential that you’ve previously worked in a similar role within textiles or at least be ready for that next step up having worked in a more senior capacity.
- Be willing to work nights 7pm – 7am – 4 on / 4 off, which includes working weekends.
- You will have an excellent understanding of the weaving process.
- It would also be helpful if you have knowledge / experience of knotting, warping or coating, spinning, carding or crealing?.
- You must have a fantastic work ethic and lead by example.
- Knowledge of Mertex and Barco would be desirable
- Able to support management initiatives?
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Operate weaving machinery maintaining efficiency and quality standards.
- Produce fabrics to customer specifications ensuing goods are fit for purpose.
- Handling, identifying and rejection of yarns and fabrics.
- Manage discipline of the resources available on shift.
- Support management initiatives – set up reductions, waster reductions, monitor and maintain company KPI’s.
- Be a role model with the implementing and maintain the 5S standards.
One of the largest global manufacturers of flexible reinforcement textiles, are looking to grow their workforce, they are a tight knit team with a family feel, with staff working together for over 30 years; the majority of whom are coming up to retirement, so they need people urgently to come in on night shifts to manage a cell of Looms and the resources available on shift.
What you get:
- Salary c £38,500 which includes a 20% for night shift allowance.
- Working 4 on 4 off so it will include working the odd weekend.
- Paid breaks of 1.5 hours per shift.
- Great Pension scheme, Sick pay, Death in Service, healthcare cashback scheme.
If you’re looking for a job for life, then apply now.
We appreciate that with this kind of experience, you might not have a CV, so why not call, and speak to Lucy on 0161 883 2126