Chief Engineer – Electrical & Controls
A great opportunity here for a Chief Engineer of Electrical & Controls, Greater Manchester based.
This is an opportunity to work for a world leading business with great heritage, they’re innovative and ambitious, they’ve won many awards and have a fantastic reputation in the industry.
We’re looking for a leader who has experience of electrical and control systems and ideally hydraulics. Whilst management experience is desirable the team members are highly experienced with many years in the business, so we’re also open to someone who is looking for that next step up in their career. So, if this is you, then we’d love to hear from.
What you get
- Competitive basic salary
- 25 days holiday + stats
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Life assurance
- The opportunity to work for a world leading business.
About the job
- You’ll be responsible for all technical information including drawings, BOMS’s and procedures.
- Engineering advice on products to customers and other plants.
- Oversee the Electrical CAD Engineer and Control Systems Engineer.
- Responsible for engineering test programs and support of shop floor in house build programs.
- Loading of PLC and drive configurations.
- Investigate non-conformances.
- Overseas travel where required for troubleshooting. Expectations 6 – 8 times per year.
- Ideally you’ll have experience of Siemens and/or Rockwell PLC hardware.
- Engineering qualification along with industry experience.
- You’ll be a good communicator, have an eye for detail and an exceptional problem solver.