Mechanical Field Service Engineer – Capital Equipment
Are you a time served Mechanical Engineer, who would like to join a fantastic company with strong values and offers ongoing development to their workforce? Have you got experience in fitting and assembly from within a heavy engineering / capital equipment environment? How do you feel about some abroad travel?
We are working exclusively with our client to recruit a Mechanical Field Service Engineer to join their team.
- You will be a time-served Mechanical Engineer, who is highly disciplined and a self-starter who is willing to work without direct supervision.
- It’s essential that you have a HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- You will have experience in assembly and servicing of machinery / capital equipment.
- Ideally you will have a sound knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics however additional training can be provided.
- It is essential that you are able to work away from home for up to 2 weeks at a time; this will mainly be abroad but there will be some UK overnight stays.
- You need to be prepared for any eventuality and be adaptable to change, as you will be expected to go, and fault find on existing installs. So, you must be able to commit and jump on a plane at short notice in case of emergencies abroad.
- Must be based in UK and be commutable to North Manchester to work in the assembly shop when not out in the field.
- A full, clean driving licence is essential.
About The Job:
- You will work within a close-knit team of engineers and will be responsible for mechanical installation, service, inspection, and repair of products at customer premises in the UK and abroad.
- You’ll be assembling machinery and components when stationary at their factory in North Manchester.
- Work such as service and install is pre-arranged; however, you will also be on-hand for urgent call outs.
- Supervise contractors on larger install works.
- It is expected that you’ll work away for around 170 days per year in total.
- A well-established business who are passionate about their products, they strive to provide the best service to all customers.
- Having worked with them now for many years, we can safely say they are a great company to work for!
- They manufacture in the UK and supply globally.
What you get:
- Basic salary + overtime pay / personal daily allowances
- All travel including flights, hotels, visa’s etc will be organised for you
- Access to company vehicle for domestic travel
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Pension Scheme
- Workwear and PPE provided
- Mobile phone and laptop
If you have the required skills and experience, then get in touch now for immediate interviews.