Procurement Manager – Engineering
Are you a Procurement Manager / Engineer looking for a new challenge? Maybe you’re a time-served Engineer with some exposure to procurement wanting that next step up? Are you actively studying towards your CIPS qualification?
Join this global manufacturer as their new Head of Procurement. It’s a brand new department so it’s a great challenge for someone wanting the opportunity to create something special.
What You Get
- A salary of £50-60k DOE
- Excellent age related pension scheme
- Private Medical
- Life Assurance
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Flexible working options
- Use of company pool car
- It’s essential that you’ve got experience across procurment AND engineering.
- You’ll have previously supervised a small team.
- You will be a great negotiator who is able to challenge resistance.
- It’s a supplier-facing role so you’ll need to be a people person, able to build strong working relationships.
- You should be well on your way with CIPS if not already qualified.
- If you have previously worked in fabrication / machine shop environments, this would be ideal.
- You’ll be fair, a listener and a good decision maker.
About The Job
- You’ll join as Procurement Manager and will manage a team of 4.
- It’s a newly formed function for the business, so you’ll be involved in implementing new and streamlining current procedures.
- They currently have a large supplier base and you’ll work to condense this.
- You’ll have responsibility for ALL purchasing for the business which will include materials, components, vehicles, travel and shipping; it’s a multi-million pound budget spend you will manage.
- The department is accountable for all inventory and stock levels.
- You’ll be key in the implementation of a new supplier evaluation tool along with other ad-hoc projects.
- There will be travel to UK suppliers.
About The Company
- They are part of an impressive and reputable group of companies with a global presence.
- They regularly recognise and reward employee contributions to the growth of the business.
- With their strong values, a lifelong career for the successful candidate is offered here.
If this role sounds right up your street then apply now! For a faster response, please call and speak to Lucy or Jessica.