Purchasing Planner – Textiles Supplier
Are you an experienced Purchase/Production Planner within a background in textiles? Do you want a new challenge where you’ll manage the purchase and stock process from cradle to grave?
This is a newly created opportunity with an established and successful fabrics company based on the Lancashire/Yorkshire border.
What you get
- A negotiable salary of £34-45k DOE
- Profit related bonus scheme
- Annual share scheme
- Progression opportunities
- You’ll have a minimum of three years’ experience within a production/purchasing role that is textiles based.
- Ideally you’ll be from a fashion, furnishing or similar background.
- You will have a personal drive to assist in the future growth of the company.
- Having a good knowledge of importing and exporting materials is beneficial.
- You’ll be a professional in your field with the ability to self-manage.
- You should have proven experience of improving quality standards and business relationships.
- It’s essential that you are able to challenge the status quo and can push back on your decisions if questioned.
- You will need to be available to travel overseas on occasion but not regularly.
About the Job
- You’ll have overall responsibility for the stock function; planning, purchasing and quality.
- You will liaise with overseas suppliers in Europe and Turkey, ordering fabrics and gauging a timeline for delivery.
- Working closely with the sales team, you’ll effectively plan on demand but also be able to order regular stock items to ensure availability.
- It’s up to you to implement efficient procedures to ensure the smooth running of the department.
- You have an elite customer base which includes the likes of Gucci, Ralph Lauren and Valentino; they need to be confident you’ll have stock readily available when they need it.
- You will be working to strict critical paths and lead times.
- Working towards increasing business through efficient deliveries, good margins and competitive pricing within established time frames.
- In addition you’ll worth closely with QC regarding approvals and oversee the inbound and outbound logistics activities.
- This position is Office Based but occasional foreign travel will be required.
About the company
- A highly established supplier of high-quality fabrics to worldwide brands, distributors and merchants.
- A UK leading Corduroy supplier.
- The offer lifelong bonus incentives to their employees.
If this sounds like the right role for you, please contact Ella at email@example.com