Sustainability Manager – Clothing & Apparel
Are you mad about sustainability? Do you have knowledge / experience of sustainable textile products? Have you previously worked with Far East suppliers?
This is an exciting role where you’ll head up the department and help to move the business forward with more sustainable products. You’ll also look to convert their current product range to more sustainable materials.
What You Get
- A salary of £30-45k DOE.
- Electric Car Scheme.
- Flexibility with working hours.
- Positive attendance awards.
- Enhanced Maternity pay.
- Group Pension Scheme.
- You’ll have a huge passion for sustainability.
- It’s essential that you have a working knowledge / experience of sustainability in textile products.
- You should also have experience of product development and quality.
- You will have the ability to lead and mentor a team through a period of growth.
- It is important that you have a strategic approach and are able to review current strategies and put new ones in place.
- Naturally, you’ll be a people-person with the ability to liaise with colleagues, customers and suppliers alike.
About The Job
- You’ll join as Sustainability Officer / Manager with responsibility for the whole department.
- Working in tandem with NPD, QC and Purchasing, you’ll be a key player in the business; driving product sustainability in line with the companies visions and values.
- You will maintain and review the sustainable material strategy, make suggestions and implement your new ideas.
- You’ll review all products including trims and packaging and make suggestions on how to make the products more sustainable.
- Working with suppliers to agree changes to exisiting products – reviewing costs, samples and ensuring testing and correct certifications are in place.
- With your hunger for reducing the business’ carbon footprint, you’ll constantly be on top of new developments in sustainability, including UK and EU regulations.
- Overseeing certifications such as GOTS, OCS, GRS Fairtrade etc.
About The Company
- An impressive supplier of retail ready products, this business has seen tremendous growth over the last 12 months.
- They love to promote within and have a lot of long-standing members of staff.
- They’re working towards a B-Corp accreditation.
Please apply now if you believe you’ve got what it takes to undertake this role with success! For a faster response, please call and speak to Lucy Bailey on 0161 883 2126.