Head of Site – Manufacturing
We’re proud to be partnering with a fabulous manufacturing company in Yorkshire to recruit a Head of Site.
If you’re a Senior Manager with extensive experience within the manufacturing industry and you’re on the hunt for a new role, then this could be for you.
Are you an exceptional man-manager? Able to coach and mentor a workforce made up of an established management team and technical operatives?
Are you a CI ambassador? Able to identify and implement continuous improvement methodology?
Do you have a background in textiles, chemistry or paper manufacturing?
If you’re answering yes to the above, then we want to hear from you.
- You’ll be a manufacturing expert and be the driving force in the success of an established manufacturing facility.
- You’ll thrive in a demanding environment where you’ll take on an autonomous role to lead and develop the site.
- Naturally commercial and a solid CI ambassador.
- You’ll be strategic leader yet also have the ‘hands on’ approach to ensure a deadlines are met.
- You’ll have excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Whilst this is predominantly day work, you’ll need flexibility around working hours due to a 24 hour working operation.
About the Job
- Overall responsibility for the site management including budgets and P&L.
- Lead, coach and develop direct reports including all related HR issues such as recruitment and disciplinaries.
- Set goals and objectives with regular feedback and plans of action.
- Drive H&S and environmental compliance.
- Overseeing site stock holding and inventory flows and identify costs savings.
- Introduce and implement improvement activities such as Lean manufacturing.
- Support the NPI process.
Skills / Knowledge Snapshot
- Effective people manager
- Background within relevant industry
- IOSH preferred
- IT literate especially with MS Excel and MRP systems and reporting
- Lean manufacturing
- Results orientated with demonstrable negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to work in a busy and fast paced environment
The company offers an attractive base salary along with enhanced benefits package.
If you have the skill and experience to take on this role, then get in touch now for further information.