Quality Manager – Apparel & Accessories
Are you an experienced Quality Manager from the textiles industry? Do you have a Degree in Textile Technology? Can you bring new ideas in to a growing business?
As Quality Manager, you’ll head up a small technical & quality team who work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders on NPD, purchasing and sustainability. You’ll be key in ensuring the team deliver goods with the highest quality at all times.
What You Get
- A salary in the region of £40-50k DOE.
- 22 days holiday + your birthday off if it falls on a weekday.
- Additional holiday accrual incentives which run throughout the year.
- Positive attendance awards.
- Life Insurance.
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity.
- Electric Car Scheme + free onsite charging.
- Wellness schemes and free Flu jabs (if required).
About The Job
- You will join as Quality Manager.
- Working closely with factories and suppliers, you’ll assist in the development of new, and improvement of existing products, ensuring that they are fit for purpose and meet all standards and legal requirements.
- You’ll manage the customer care process, making sure that any queries are resolved and product improvements are made as a result if needed.
- Liaison with suppliers regarding process issues
- You will be responsible for the testing and validation of new/ more sustainable fabrics and materials
- It’s your responsibility to supervise the raw materials testing function (fabrics testing)and general lab activities.
- Certified materials Administration (GOTS, OCS, GRS, CE, UKCA)
- Push forward with roll out of new certification schemes (e.g. Oeko-Tex)
- You will drive change, helping to take the business to the next level.
- You’ll have worked in a similar role as a Quality or Technical Manager and have supervisory skills – perhaps you’re a Senior Technologist with some leadership skills looking for that next step up.
- It’s imperetive that you have a degree / HNC or equivalent in Textiles.
- You should have experience of working with critical paths.
- You’ll have a strong knowledge of relevant UK and European legislation / compliance.
- It goes without saying that you’ll be a champion for sustainability and ethical manufacturing.
- You will live in the Greater Manchester area to be within commutable distance to the office in Bury.
- It’s essential that you’re happy working onsite Monday to Friday.
About The company
- They are an ethical textile manufacturer who use sustainable products to make their in-demand products.
- They have been awarded the Carbon Literate Bronze certification and are part of the “1% for the planet” partnership.
- They’re currently working towards the BCorp Accreditation.